April 27th, 2016
Fabric is expensive and your time is valuable so be sure to use tested patterns. We have over 600 samples displayed in our store so we have tested all those patterns and approved the directions. If there is a problem with a pattern, we don’t carry it.
I love the name of the new patterns, like the Tuffet stool.
We also have a pattern for a pincushion that is shaped like the stool.
April 19th, 2016
Cutting Mats have become an important tool for sewing and quilting.
They are a large investment and a large storage item. Here are some suggestions:
1. Slide it under a bed where it’s cool and flat!
2. Slide it behind a piece of furniture where it will be flat against the wall.
3. Place it between mattress and the box spring of your bed.
4. Slide it between the washer and dryer.
5. If you have a formal dining room table with cover, hide it between the cover and table.
A. Try not to roll it.
B. Never leave it in the car! Even if it seems flat, high temperatures – even higher in the car – can cause warping and damage.
We love the new “Quilters Select Mats”. Our rotary cutters smoothly glide across them. Stop in and see for yourself.